The ad must adhere to the following Microsoft Ad Exchange-specific requirements:
Size and format requirements
- Animation/looping is limited to the first 30 seconds (15 sec for US campaigns).
- Cannot contain auto-video, auto-audio, or be expandable.
- Pop ups or any ad that spawns them now allowed.
- Creative causing degradation of site performance (including excessive file weights) not allowed.
- Cannot have fake close behavior (when you attempt to leave a page and another dialogue box appears) or fake operating system interface.
- Ad opens into a new browser tab or window.
- Creative must feature a one pixel border (grey [#666666] or black recommended, though any colour that clearly distinguishes the ad from the content may be used).
- Standard Exchange Ad dimensions include:
- Button 120x60
- Button 120x90
- Banner 120x240
- Skyscraper 120x600
- Skyscraper 160x600
- Rectangle 180x150
- Banner 234x60
- Rectangle 300x250
- Rectangle 380x200
- Banner 468x60
- Banner 728x90
Info: for detailed format requirements please visit advertising.microsoft.com/europe/home
Immediate Removal Criteria
- Risqué or racy content.
- Inappropriate/illegal content, (ex. language, violence, potential brand competitor, alcohol).
- Any gambling ads – „instructional‟ included.
- Misappropriation of MSN or syndicated partners‟ logos or brand.
- Competitive Exclusion (which includes Publisher Specified Requirements or covers other Publisher filtering).
- Any creative with multiple CAP violations.
- Non-compliance with AdChoices program.
- Promoting or containing malware, viruses, worms, corrupted files or other material that jeopardizes user security and privacy.
- No tobacco/weapons,
- No nudity, nipples, area between navel and hip for non-bathing suit creatives
- No dating/singles creative that contain beds, no seductive poses, or meeting "specific individuals" (atmosphere should be casual)
- No sexually suggestive content
- No defamatory or hate speech
- No illegal activity
- No profanity (“suck” or “I need a diet for my big butt”)
- No suffering, violence, exploitation (includes international dating, overseas wife, etc.)
- No Spyware or auto-downloads
- No extra-specific targeting- Yes “find jobs in Chicago;” No “West Coast singles 21-30 who want to work in Thailand”
- No spy cameras/systems (home surveillance and security systems are allowed)
- No Windows dialogue boxes or fake error messages No photos of major political figures that could represent an endorsement
- No internet pharmacies for now. No unverified pharmacies - check Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice at nabp.net
- Gambling is only allowed state lotteries when ad appears in that state, and hotel/resort brick and mortar casinos.
- Children's content is prohibited from prompting personally identifiable information (P.I.I.)
- Political creatives cannot use “hot-button issues”
- Web-based colleges must be accredited
- Audio must be user-initiated (except when MSN approves it on a case-by-case basis.
- Exact offer in the creative is not actionable on the landing page (example: if 15% off is offered in the creative, 15% exactly must be advertised on the landing page.
- Non-US landing pages are okay, but any prices shown in creatives must be in the advertiser country's currency.
- Windows Live currently only accepts creatives in English and Windows Live Latino only accepts creatives in English and Spanish.
Info: Ad must conform to the MSN & Windows Live Creative Acceptance Policy. Please see the Creative Acceptance Policy Guide for further information.