Social Medias and Networks are inseparable from modern peoples’ lives. The main difference from standard Medias and Networks is the fact that users can decide what content goes on the Social site. What is more important, people share multimedia, articles, news from around the Web with friends, colleagues. This makes the content even more noticeable.
Adform Widget Banners allow you to increase the target audience by making it possible for Web surfers to share banners on their Social Medias and Networks. This in turn will generate more traffic to the Advertiser site and increase the return on investment – it can all be monitored by using Adform Reporting tools.
Below you will find detailed instructions on how to create widget banners.
Note: currently widget feature is availabe for standard, video, floating, expanding and tear back banners.
1. Follow to Content --> Widget in top Menu.
2. Now you are ready to set up a widget:
3. Section “Details”:
- None– current project banner won’t have widget.
- New– Adform Toolkit will create new standard banner which will be shared (default dimensions - 300x250).
- This ad– current project banner will share itself (available only when banner is Standard or Video type).
Title (required)– shared application name which will be the default title suggested to the user on networks that support such titles.
Description (optional) - this string will be used as the description of the widget where appropriate (e.g. when posting on Facebook newsfeed the content of this parameter is added to the description field in the share dialog).
Preview image (optional) - an image that will be used as your widget's preview image on all the networking sites which support such previews (such as Facebook). By default, if this parameter is not set, Wildfire will automatically create a preview for your widget.
4. Section „Destinations“:
Note: it may take several seconds to update the widget in the preview window after you have made any changes. Also, the preview window is not available for Flash version CS3 under Windows OS.
5. In the „Layout“ section you are able to customize several options related to widget objects: social network logos, code box and etc.
6. In the section „Themes“ you are able to change widget visual appearance: select and edit default themes.
Note: you are allowed to change widget’s background color only if “Classic” theme is selected.
7. Click „Save & Exit“ button, Adform widget component and share button will appear on the stage:
8. Once compiled, you will be able to share the banner across supported social Medias and networks by clicking on the “SHARE” button:
Note: whenever user interacts with a widget component, it automatically fires a report event to Adform backend.
10. More info about widget component can be found here.