Tear Back Flash Banners (also known as Peel Back Banners) consist of two Flash files. A collapsed Flash banner resides in the upper right or left corner of the web page. When the user clicks on the collapsed banner, it tears down the page to reveal the full expanded banner. There are no limitations for the size or content of both – collapsed and expanded banners. Below you will find instructions for creating Tear Back Flash Banners.
1. When creating a tear back banner you will first be asked to define some details:
- Enter project and banner (collapsed and expanded) names
- Set project and banner (collapsed and expanded) locations
- Choose ActionScript version
- Set normal and expanded banners dimensions
- Select/deselect default clicktag (more info about this option can be found here)
2. The second dialog asks for settings:
- Position: banner position in the page.
- Wmode: available transparent, opaque or window.
- With Landing page target, a landing page can be opened in a new or the same window or frame.
- Expand type: banner peels away either on roll over or click.
- Collapse type: banner closes either on roll out or by clicking the Close button.
- Auto show after: time period in seconds when the banner should auto-show and/or auto-close.
3. The methods of creating and assigning actions are the same as for Standard banners. In case the Tear Back banners must have close buttons, Adform Creative Toolkit inserts such button automatically.