Tear Back Flash Banners (also known as Peel Back Banners) consist of two Flash files. A collapsed Flash banner resides in the upper right or left corner of a web page. When a user clicks on the collapsed banner, it tears down the page to reveal a full expanded banner. There are no limitations for the size or content of both – collapsed and expanded – banners.
1. When creating a tear back banner you are first asked to define some details:
- Enter names of a project and banners (collapsed and expanded);
- Set locations of a project and banners (collapsed and expanded);
- Set dimensions of the normal and expanded banners;
- Select/deselect a default clicktag (more info about this option can be found here).
2. Fill in the required information in the Settings tab:
- Position of a banner in a page;
- Wmode: available transparent, opaque, or window;
- With the Landing page target, a landing page can be opened in a new or the same window, or in a frame;
- Expand type: a banner peels away either on a roll over or a click;
- Collapse type: a banner closes either on a roll out or by clicking the Close button;
- Auto show after: a time period in seconds when a banner should auto-show and/or auto-close.
3. The methods of creating and assigning actions are the same as for Standard banners. If the Tear Back banners must have close buttons, Adform Creative Toolkit inserts such buttons automatically.