Adform Creative Toolkit allows creating a universal Flash banner which can dynamically change according to the content definitions in the Adform system. When using ad messages, there is no need to physically alter the banners when the changes need to be applied to text or graphics.
Note: currently dynamic content feature is availabe for standard, floating, expanding and tear back banners. Also, synchronized banners are not allowed to have dynamic content.
Important! Dynamic content objects must go throughout the whole banner timeline.
Creating Banners with Dynamic Content
1. Create dynamic text field and give it an instance name (e.g. TestField):
2. Proceed to Content → Ad Message:
3. Assign values to textfields and click Save:
4. When banner is finished it can be tested by clicking the Preview button, or a ZIP file can be created, by clicking the Export button, so that it can be uploaded to the Adform system. Later in Adform system it's possible to change values of dynamic text fields.
1. Create a MovieClip object and give it an instance name (e.g. TestGraphics):
2. Proceed to Content → Ad Message.
3. Assign values to MovieClip objects and click Save :
Note: an image will not be stretched if it has bigger size than the assigned MovieClip.
4. When banner is finished it can be tested by clicking the Preview button; or a ZIP file can be created, by clicking the Export button, so that it can be uploaded to the Adform system. Later in Adform system it is possible to change values of dynamic graphics.
Dynamic fonts embedding
When you specify a font for a TextField in your application, Flash Player looks for a device font (a font that resides on the user's computer) with the same name. If it does not find that font on the user's system, or if the user has a slightly different version of a font with that name, the text display could look very different from what you intended.
The main limitation in using embedded fonts is that the embedded fonts increase the file size or download size of your banner. To lessen the banner size, fonts should be loaded dynamically.
Loading fonts dinamically
1. Follow to Content → Ad Message and select tab Font assets.
2. Font assets window shows you the already created font assets: names and sizes.
3. Click the Create New button in order to create a new font asset.
4. Click the Create button.
5. A new Font asset has been added to the Font Asset list. It is also possible to delete existing font assets or create new ones.
6. When banner is finished, you must Export the project and upload project's ZIP file to the Adform system (more info about project export in section „Banner export“).