Adform Creative Toolkit allows creating a universal Flash banner which can dynamically change according to content definitions in Adform system. When using ad messages, there is no need to physically alter the banners when the changes need to be applied to text or graphics. Below you will find detailed instructions on how to create banners with dynamic content.
Note: currently dynamic content feature is availabe for standard, floating, expanding and tear back banners. Also synchronized banners are not allowed to have dynamic content.
Important! Dynamic content objects must go throughout the whole banner timeline.
1. Create dynamic text field and give it an instance name (e.g. TestField):
2. Follow to Content --> Ad Message:
3. Assign values to textfields and click Save:
4. When banner is finished it can be tested (clicking button “Preview) or ZIP file created to upload to Adform system (clicking button “Export”). Later in Adform system it's allowed to change values of dynamic text fields.
1. Create a MovieClip object and give it an instance name (e.g. TestGraphics):
2. Follow to Content --> Ad Message.
3. Assign values to MovieClip objects and click Save :
Note: image will not be stretched if it has bigger size than assigned MovieClip.
4. When banner is finished it can be tested (clicking button “Preview) or ZIP file created to upload to Adform system (clicking button “Export”). Then in Adform system it is availabe to change values of dynamic graphics.
Dynamic fonts embedding
When you specify a font for a TextField in your application, Flash Player looks for a device font (a font that resides on the user's computer) with the same name. If it doesn't find that font on the user's system, or if the user has a slightly different version of a font with that name, the text display could look very different from what you intended.
The main limitation to using embedded fonts is that embedded fonts increase the file size or download size of your banner. To lessen banner size, fonts should be loaded dynamically.
Loading fonts dinamically
1. Follow to Content --> Ad Message and select tab „Font assets“.
2. „Font assets“ window shows you already created font assets: names and sizes.
3. Click button „Create new“:
4. Click the „Create“ button.
5. A new Font asset has been added to the „Font Asset“ list. Now it is possible to delete existing font assets or create new ones.
6. When banner is finished, you must Export the project and upload project ZIP file to Adform (more info about project export in section „Banner export“).