Adform has released a special solution for banners with dynamic content: Product Ads. Such type ads are very useful for campaigns running banners with many different products. You simply need to make one banner with one product and through Adform system you can control what products (and how many) should be placed in the banner. Products Ad example can be found here .
1. Implementation of tracking on client's site.
2. Client's product feed synchronization with Adform:
<products> <product> <product_name>Computer 123</product_name> <product_id>123456</product_id> ... <product_deeplink>http://client.com/products/computer123</product_deeplink> <product_image>...</product_image> </product> <product> <product_name>Computer 456</product_name> <product_id>456789</product_id> <product_category_id>computers</product_category_id> ... <product_deeplink>http://client.com/products/computer456</product_deeplink> <product_image>...</product_image> <product> ... <products>
Info: for further info please contact Adform technical support: email@example.com
var bn = 1565579; var cid = 4790; // aid value var gid = 0; var tid = 3825; var domain = "http://track.adform.net/banners/"; var pgsz = 6; var gcnt = 100;
1) Create new Standard banner.
2) Drag the Adform XML_Manager component to the stage.
3) Drag the „Products“ component (product holder) from „Adform Product Components“ folder to the stage.
4) Increase/decrease size of this component. The products will be placed in exactly the same area the component „product“ occupies.
5) Drag component „productItem“ to the stage. By default this component contains two dynamic textfields „product_price“, „product_name“ and movieClip „product_image“. You will be able to change the content of these objects through Adform system.
6) Drag „productsNextButton“ and „productsPreviousButton“ components to the stage if it‘s needed (the products can be scrolled automatically).
7) The components should look like this:
8) Now select component „products“ and open „Component Parameters“:
Auto Scroll - number, 0 by default. When value is more than 0, products auto scroll will be enabled. Products next action will be performed after amount of time in seconds according this value.
Products Padding - integer, -1 by default. If value is equal to -1, spaces between product items will be calculated automatically according products holder size. Or you can define your own space in pixels.
Products to Show - Integer, 1 by default. How many product items to put into a product Holder.
Scroll Step - Integer, 0 by default. Amount of items to change on next/previous event.
Note: 0 or more than “Products To Show” value will be equal to “Products to Show” value.
9) You are able to change the visual look of „productItem“ component and buttons. The banner (with exactly the same settings we set for component „product“ above) may have such look.
Note: Currently it‘s not available to test Product Ads through Adform Creative Toolkit. It can be tested only in Adform system.